Atmos Energy’s Failed Policies and Procedures

Homeowners in Mesquite are concerned after a state investigation discovered unsafe gas lines running through homes in their neighborhood. A faulty gas line caused an explosion that injured a mother of 3 last November in Mesquite. At first, Atmos crews said natural gas was not involved, and it wasn’t their problem. Atmos claimed a build-up of carbon monoxide was responsible for the blast that leveled the home. WFAA-TV of Dallas-Fort Worth contended in on-air news coverage on Jan. 6 that it had learned that not only was Atmos wrong, but that gas leaks were found all over the neighborhood, and gas fittings with a legacy of failure were involved. Two weeks later, insurance company investigators insisted Atmos re-investigate. This time, natural gas safety inspectors with the Texas Railroad Commission were called in.

The Texas Railroad Commission found 56 additional leaks in the surrounding neighborhoods because of outdated steel service lines that Atmos Energy has been asked to remove. Atmos committed four violations, which led to the explosion that include failing to properly enact emergency procedures; employing inadequate leak reporting methods; and failing to ensure that pipeline personnel was properly qualified.

M&A Law Firm is currently investigating Atmos Energy’s multiple violations and failed procedures on behalf of homeowners concerned with Atmos faulty “gas fittings.” Contact M&A Law Firm toll-free at 866.789.1664 for more information on your rights and our firm’s on-going investigation of Atmos.


Contact Us 24/7

Schedule an initial consultation.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.