Sean Modjarrad is the Managing Shareholder and founder of MAS Law. He has a diverse litigation history of more than 600 cases in Texas courts and more than 90 cases in federal courts. He has dedicated his life to fighting for justice and providing a voice for the voiceless.
Sean has been an integral part of many high-profile cases through his career. For example, he played a significant role in the 2006 Good vs. The City of Irving and Detective Curtis suit in which a new law was enacted by the Fifth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals from Mr. Good being wrongfully accused of burglary of habitation with intent to commit theft, rape, and sexual abuse.
He is admitted to practice in the State of Texas, Federal Court for the Northern District of Texas, Federal Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Federal Court for Western District of Texas, and Federal Court for Fifth Circuit.
Sean earned his Juris Doctor from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. Prior to that, he received his Master of Accountancy and MBA from Brock School of Business at Samford University and his B.S. in Accounting from the University of North Texas.
Sean’s legal work has won him several prestigious awards and distinctions. He has been selected to Super Lawyers (2014-2022), effectively ranking him in the top 5 percent of lawyers in Texas. In 2014, 2015, and 2016, Sean was named one of D Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in Dallas.” He has also been recognized as Premier 100 by the American Academy of Trial Attorneys, Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers, and America’s Top 100 Attorneys, Lifetime Achievement.
Sean has blended his love for the community with his entrepreneurial acumen by investing in many small businesses around the Dallas area. He is fueled by his belief that a community and its people are strongest when they work together. Sean’s passion and commitment to the city of Dallas inspired him to utilize his standing to create a better future for Dallas’ small businesses. He served 2 years as an advisory board member for small business in Dallas County. Also, he was a founding member for the Iranian American Chamber of Commerce in Dallas, a group dedicated to serving as a business resource and advocacy arm for Iranian American business professionals and surrounding communities. He was also one of the founding members and a former president of the Iranian American Bar Association.
Sean’s love for his community does not just extend to small businesses. Over his career, he has enacted a multitude of initiatives that spotlight important members of the community. His most recent, the MASter Teacher Award, recognizes one exceptional educator each month and awards them with $1000 to aid in their educational career.
In addition to practicing law, Sean sits on the advisory board at his law school, Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, and serves as a board member for UNT College of Law, Visitor’s Board. Moreover, for the past 10 years, he has been an adjunct professor at the University of Texas at Dallas, teaching Race and Law and 1983 Civil Rights.
Sean has been featured in numerous magazine articles and publications that have highlighted both his impressive legal career as well as his community involvement, including Attorney at Law, Newsweek, D Magazine, and Texas Monthly.
Admission Dates and Jurisdictions
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- “Diversity Issues in the MDL Space,” Baylor MDL Judicial Summit, June 20, 2023.
- “Starting Your Own Law Practice,” Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, 2015.
- “Judicial Ethics – From the Practicing Lawyer’s Standpoint,” Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, 2015.
- “How to Find a Legal Job Outside Alabama,” Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, 2015.
- “Overview and Impact of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA),” Greater Dallas Iranian-American Chamber of Commerce Meeting, February 2014.
- “Effectively Presenting Your Case,” Dallas Minority Attorney Program, 2012.
- “Who is Responsible for the Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico?” Shahrvand Dallas, December 2021.
- “What Do Employers Need to Know in Dealing with COVID-19?” Shahrvand Dallas, June 2020.
- “Impeachment,” Shahrvand Dallas, December 2019.
- “Sexual Harassment at the Work Place: What You Need to Know,” Shahrvand Dallas, October 2019.
- “Your Vote Matters,” Shahrvand Dallas, October 2019.
- “Margin Tax: How Much More do You Have To Pay?” M&A Law Firm, 2007.
- “Business Organizations in the State of Texas,” M&A Law Firm, 2004.
- “Hartman v. Hartman: Is Parental Immunity Recognized?” American Journal of Trial Advocacy, 1998.